Friday, June 30, 2017

Market Music

6/28/17 ink, colored pencils
You all know by now how much I enjoy sketching buskers, and our many neighborhood farmers markets are my favorite places to find them. Wednesday in Wallingford, I spotted Erik, a young man playing classical music on a keyboard. The duo Zack and Chris on bass and guitar were singing original blues in the sunshine. Yesterday at the Lake City Farmers Market, I sketched a harpist quietly playing and singing in the shade.

Who knows what I’ll find this afternoon at Phinney Farmers Market. Nothing says summer to me as much as strolling through a market, live music playing in the background, and picking up fresh strawberries on the way out. 

I hope you’re enjoying the start of summer as much as I am!

6/28/17 ink, colored pencils

6/29/17 ink, colored pencils

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...