Friday, July 17, 2015

June - July Sketchbook

My June - July sketchbook is bound.
My general guidelines for choosing the sketches I put on my sketchbook covers are that the sketch subjects are somehow emblematic of the period covered by the pages or the processes used were somehow significant. This time, the sketches on both the front and back covers of my June – July sketchbook were chosen because they were both challenging structures that I had previously avoided sketchingthe bridge at the Ballard Locks and Tacoma Union Station. Anytime I slay another sketch nemesis is worthy of cover status!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina...so you must be sketching on single sheets? Then binding them? I just started following you after seeing your Flickr post on the Pilot pen and reading the review.

    What paper are you sketching on? If it's a book that you then take the sheets out of, please tell me what that is. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Mike! I stitch small sections of 140 lb. watercolor paper (usually 3 sheets folded), and that's what I carry with me. When I've filled six or seven of those sections, I bind them together. I've tried a lot of different papers, but lately I've been using Canson XL 140 lb. cold press. It's only student grade, not artist grade, but I like the surface, and it's not so heavy that it cracks when I fold it. I like this system much better than carrying around a heavy sketchbook everywhere -- much more portable.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...