Monday, April 20, 2015

Green, Not Pink

4/18/15 Platinum Carbon ink, Platinum brush pen, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum colored pencils, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

Exactly a month ago on the first day of spring, I sketched at the University of Washington Quad, which was a glorious field of pink blossoms – in the air and on the ground. On Saturday during the Burke sketch event, I have to admit: I kept looking out the windows at the sunny day, itchin’ to get outdoors. After it ended at 2 p.m., I made a beeline to the Quad. Those huge old cherry trees had given up their pink petals weeks ago, but I didn’t mind. Dressed in their late spring and summer greens, they are just as grand.

1 comment:

  1. You did such a good job showing the massiveness of the tree trunk and the graceful sway and tilt of the branches. Lovely sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...