Friday, April 10, 2015

Chilly Morning at Fremont Coffee

4/10/15 Platinum brush pen, Iroshizuku Kiri-same ink,
Caran d'Ache Museum colored pencil, Canson XL paper
After yesterday’s delightful teaser of spring, today was a cruel joke. I think all of us who gathered at Fremont Coffee Company this morning for the ad hoc sketch outing were hoping to sketch outdoors, but those of us who tried came back inside pretty quickly. It was a bit cold and blustery.

It had been a year and a half since the last time the Friday sketchers met there, and my first sketch was a redux of the same view of the front counter that I had attempted that time. Previously a house, Fremont Coffee is full of small rooms to hide away in or look through doorways into other rooms – a good view for my second sketch.

Fully nourished by the world’s biggest chocolate croissant, I ventured out to the front porch, which provided enough shelter from the wind to make a quick sketch of a tree on the sidewalk and a potted bamboo plant. (I think the Japanese brush pen I used was made for sketching bamboo leaves! I try not to carry too many single-purpose pens, but it’s hard to resist this one. I guess it just means I have to look for more bamboo trees to sketch.)

4/10/15 Iroshizuku Asa-gao ink, Museum pencil

4/10/15 Sailor Doyou and Iroshizuku Kiri-same inks, Museum pencils

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was fun in spite of the cold. Love your bamboo leaves. We're starting to warm up (supposed to break 40F today) but our winds (30-40km/h right now) will keep me indoors for a while yet....but soon...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...