Friday, April 17, 2015

A Shady Needle

4/17/15 various inks, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, watercolor, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

My weather app said it was 64 degrees in the South Lake Union area this afternoon, and the blue sky and sunshine certainly seemed to concur, but the strong wind made it feel much colder. I was hoping to sketch the lake from the park near MOHAI, but it was just too windy for me. I ducked into MOHAI’s café and sketched the park and the shady side of the Space Needle through the café windows. It’s a less-detailed version of the sketch I made more than a year ago.

3 comments:

  1. Is that watercolor pencil in the foreground and on the buildings? I like the texture that it gives against the Space Needle and the sky. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! Yes, I love using watercolor pencils to impart a contrasting texture.

      Delete
  2. I can relate to the 'too windy' situation. Our temps are borderline and it doesn't take too much wind for it to become downright cold. You are tougher than I am.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...