Monday, December 8, 2014

Occupied or Abandoned?

12/8/14 Various inks, Kuretake brush pen, Caran d'Ache
Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Zig marker,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
When I last sketched a nest in a tree, Larry pointed out that it may not be abandoned; the nest could still be occupied by squirrels. I have noticed that some nests are quite a bit larger than others, so I’m going to pay closer attention to see if I can tell whether there are still residents.

On my way to the grocery store today, I spotted this (probably empty) nest in the Wedgwood neighborhood. That steely sky behind it was foreboding, and sure enough, the afternoon brought rain.

1 comment:

  1. Nice sketch of the tree with the nest. I never thought about the possibility of squirrel nests.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...