Thursday, June 12, 2014

Young Face Painter

6/12/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi and Ku-Jaku inks, Zig markers,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
A stretch of rain was predicted to begin this afternoon, but as of 3 p.m., I still saw enough blue sky and sunshine to take the top down and head for opening day of the Lake City Farmers Market.

First to catch my attention was face painter Jasmine, who looked like she wasn’t much older than her clients. Unfortunately, she finished before I did, so her client got up and left. Jasmine works pro bono, donating all proceeds to the homeless.

I heard music starting on the other end of the market – it was accordionist Bonnie Birch. After a quick sketch of her, the wind started to pick up as dark clouds rushed in to fill the sky’s sunny spots. The predicted rain is probably on its way, but I made it home dry, my bag filled with local strawberries and Rainier cherries.

Edited this evening: The blog Families for Lake City featured me in a post about the market today! 

6/12/14 Pilot Iroshizuki Take-Sumi ink, Zig marker

1 comment:

  1. Super sketches from the market and it sounds like you got in your car just in time to miss the rain. I loved seeing the article on the blog...how fun that you were included in the activities that were blogged about!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...