Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Meridian Playfield Entrance


7/31/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook
Although I rarely visit the Wallingford neighborhood (mainly because of parking issues that I’ve complained about previously), one thing that always catches my eye when I’m driving east on North 50th Street is the stone archway at the entrance to Meridian Playfield. Since I was planning to go to the farmers market at the park anyway, I went a little early to get a jump on the parking situation, walked around the park to the 50th and Meridian intersection and crossed the street to get a good view. Until today, I didn’t realize that the zig-zagging stone wall visible through the arch opening is actually a gradually sloping wheelchair ramp.

Known for its pesticide-free grass and plants, Meridian park is home to the historic Good Shepherd Center as well as the Wallingford Farmers Market.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the arch and the stone wall. I like your loose foliage. Don't you hate the places that it is almost impossible to park!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...