Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nightfall


12/20/12 watercolor, mixed media sketchbook

This week’s Urban Sketchers theme challenge is sketching the night (for northern hemisphere dwellers) or sketching the day (for southern hemisphere residents). (Hmmm, seems like the southern hemisphere folks got a less challenging challenge!). I was tempted to skip it, especially since it’s been raining buckets all week. Then tonight around 5 p.m., the rain finally let up for a little while, and I glanced out the window to see the last bit of twilight behind a dark blue cloud cover.

2 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on this!!! I find night scenes, especially in watercolors so hard to do. Great job on sketching the little tyke below...yes, they move much quicker and constantly. lol I tried to do one on Santa's lap yesterday, and the kids kept moving and the line kept moving. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, your comment means a lot to me coming from a fabulous watercolor painter like you! The key to the night sketch was that I knew I had only a couple minutes before the light would change dramatically, so I had to hurry. No time to overwork it! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...