Saturday, July 6, 2024

Paws, Claws, Cookies and Macrina

6/30/24 Paws & Claws adoptable dogs at Macrina Bakery

Macrina Bakery’s Maple Leaf store, which opened to much neighborhood fanfare a year ago, celebrated its anniversary in a unique way: It hosted a meet-and-greet event for dogs rescued by Paws and Claws Pet Rescue. Hoping to be adopted, the dogs met prospective parents in the parking lot. Macrina staff offered decorate-it-yourself dog-shaped shortbread cookies to visitors who gave a donation to Paws and Claws.

My self-frosted cookie looked a bit pathetic – as an art medium, I prefer ink to icing any day – but I had fun trying to capture the pups with my brush pen.

These dogs were waiting with their foster parents to meet potential forever parents.


The pup I decorated myself isn't quite as pretty as the store-made Pride cookie. Both were equally delicious, however.

4 comments:

  1. Great event to celebrate their anniversary! Cute doggie sketches. I'm sure that doggie cookie was good even if the icing wasn't your favorite medium. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a unique benefit to celebrate their anniversary that way!

      Delete
  2. My quickly scanning eyes read "Adorable Pups . . ." Only when I looked at it again did I realize it said "Adoptable pups" but they sure are adorable as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...