Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Winter Sky Colors

 

Even as the University of Washington Quad’s cherry trees are predicted to blossom in a couple of weeks, we woke to a dusting of snow on the ground yesterday morning with sub-freezing temperatures. Our overlong winter has become tiresome.

Still, regardless of temperature, the setting and rising sun occasionally treats us to fabulous color shows. I am lately missing sunsets more often because they clash with dinner prep, and I have to hustle if I want to catch sunrise. Those are both good signs, though, as we creep toward the equinox.



On this morning, I got two sketches at sunrise, minutes apart.
The top one was facing east, and the lower one was slightly south.

Inky blue clouds after dusk gave me an ideal opportunity to use a dark blue Uglybook.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...