Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Up on Stilts

5/9/22 Maple Leaf neighborhood

We hadn’t walked on this block in a while. The last time we looked, a house was standing on the ground as always. The next time we saw it, the house was high up on stilts, wrapped in Tyvek! Presumably new construction will begin beneath the existing house and eventually connected. I sure wish I had known this was going to happen before it happened so I could have watched (and sketched)!

A few days after I sketched this, I was walking by again when I spotted the owners on the property. I asked what the plan was: The existing house will be completely updated inside. A new basement will be dug, and a new main floor will also be built. Then the old house will be placed over that.

You can bet I’ll be walking on this street more often this summer so I can check on the new construction.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...