Friday, May 27, 2022

Spring at Last

 

5/21/22 An unusual tree with foliage growing all the 
way up its trunk. Just for fun, I sketched it on the
diagonal in my square Hahnemuhle.

Last Saturday was one of the best days so far this spring – sunny and 67 degrees! We spent the afternoon just enjoying the neighborhood – a walk, a coffee shop with lots of outdoor seating, and Maple Leaf Park.

I felt no pressure to sketch anything in particular, not even a composition study. While we enjoyed coffee, I caught a couple of patrons at the café and a tree across the street with foliage growing up its entire trunk. Then at Maple Leaf Park, I captured a few Pedalheads bicycle students queuing up for their turn to learn some kind of maneuver. At the playground, kids on the swings gave me an opportunity to catch their gestures.

It was low-key sketching on a well-deserved day in what has turned out to be one of our wettest, coldest Mays on record! Spring: Bring it!

Blue Saucer Coffee patrons

Playground swingers

Pedalheads students queuing up for their turn

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice day to enjoy what was around you. We had a few nice days followed by showers and rain today. It gave me a chance to put away my winter sweaters. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I'm still wearing most of my winter layers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...