Thursday, November 4, 2021

Maple Leaf Park Restoration

 

11/2/21 Volunteer at Maple Leaf Park
Maple Leaf Reservoir Park is undergoing a restoration project to get rid of invasive weeds and replant some meadow areas and gardens with native plants. My impression is that mostly volunteers are doing the work. The past few months, I’ve seen signage to protect newly planted areas and occasionally seen workers pulling and planting.

On our morning walk a few days ago, a worker was using an auger to dig holes and putting in new plants. With his repeated up and down motion, standing and squatting, standing and squatting, it was easy to
capture his primary poses. I’m grateful for his and others’ work that will eventually result in a nicer park. And I appreciate having a pleasant walking loop so close to home that I don’t have to get into my car first.

1 comment:

  1. Good sketches of the repetitive poses of the volunteer. Glad they are sprucing up the park for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...