Thursday, November 25, 2021

Boostered

 

11/23/21 A volunteer firefighter fills syringes at 
the Shoreline Community College vaccination clinic. 

Something I missed immensely during the pandemic’s long pre-vaccine phase was sketching people. In general, I avoided them, and if I saw any, they were too far away to sketch. Now that I’m gradually doing more around people, I’m also sketching them more. As usual, the sketches don’t amount to much since people in public places usually don’t stick around long. But I have always enjoyed that tension – how much can I capture in however long I have?

The downside is that I can’t practice sketching noses and mouths. Now that I’m boostered, though, I’ll feel safer spending time in coffee shops again, where more complete faces will be revealed. I’m looking forward to that this winter.

11/15/21 Costco

Speaking of being boostered, I used a walk-in clinic at Shoreline Community College that was staffed by volunteer firefighters (at left). Of the three COVID vaccine doses I’ve received, this was by far the fastest and easiest. We all know the drill now, and it’s no longer the competitive race to the syringe that it was six months ago.


On this Thanksgiving, I’m grateful for many things, not the least of which is all the medical technology and information that continue to keep me as safe as possible. It feels good to take baby steps toward normalcy.

9/21/21 waiting room

10/19/21 light rail rider

10/19/21 more light rail riders

11/15/21 Costco

11/16/21 Starbucks


2 comments:

  1. You did get to sketch quite a few people between the coffee place and the vaccine wait. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to sketch a lot more this winter! Hope you had a good holiday, too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...