Friday, January 22, 2021

Adam

 

1/19/21 Adam, 10-min. pose

The Life Drawing + “Chiaroscuro” series continues, and model Adam gave us a dramatic session with fantastic lighting! A couple weeks ago when I did the chiaroscuro session, it didn’t occur to me to use black paper until it was too late. This time, I was ready, and Adam’s strong natural light on one side made every pose a delightful challenge. For some poses, he also used a red secondary light, which gave his shaded side a soft, pinkish illumination without competing with the primary light. In addition to holding beautiful poses, he understands the importance of good lighting when modeling.

If you’re wondering what kind of black paper I used, it’s not the Stillman & Birn Nova that I’ve been using for my nocturnal sketches. It’s a Shizen Designs journal. Review forthcoming soon!

2-min. pose

2-min. pose

5-min. pose

5-min. pose

5-min. pose

10-min. pose

15-min. pose

15-min. pose

1 comment:

  1. I think all of your hand sketches on the black paper really prepared your for these! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...