Friday, January 15, 2021

Reprieve

 

1/13/21 St. John the Evangelist Parish, Greenwood neighborhood
Our weather has been making national news: “Atmospheric river wallops Pacific Northwest with flooding, landslides and power outages” read The Washington Posts headline Jan. 12. With a firehose of rain and 100 mph winds battering the windows and rooftop, I hardly slept the night before. Then the next day we got a reprieve: Blue skies and sunshine nearly all day! After several days of staying in, I wasn’t about to miss it.

After my curbside pick-up of a book at the Greenwood branch library (I’m so grateful that the library offers this easy, contact-free service), I drove through the neighborhood looking for a sketch. The bishop’s hat atop St. John the Evangelist Parish was shining when I started listening to the U.S. House of Representatives vote to impeach the president for the second time in his term. Before I finished the block-in, though, the sun had dipped behind clouds, and I lost most of the light.

2 comments:

  1. Nice sketch of the top of the church. I did hear about the heavy rain and near hurricane winds you got out there. Glad it is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! And I don't think it's over for the season!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...