Sunday, March 17, 2019

Green Lake Drive

3/13/19 Green Lake neighborhood

The drive curving around the perimeter of Green Lake doesn’t allow parking everywhere, but this spot was handy: Parked where the road turns sharply, I could see the profiles of several houses as well as trees and cars directly in front of me. (It was a partly sunny day, but the temperature was in the 40s, so I’m still confined to my mobile studio. But at least we seem to be past the threat of snow!) I thought this unusual view of the Green Lake neighborhood was just right for St. Patrick’s Day.



2 comments:

  1. I like your composition for this! You really captured a bit of the neighborhood with the view of more than one house. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joan! This was one of those sketches that I regretted as soon as I started -- the composition seemed awkward, and I wasn't sure how to show all those houses from the side. But after I finished, I was happy that I tackled it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...