Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Quiet

12/27/18 Wedgwood neighborhood

A couple of days after Christmas, I went to the Wedgwood post office to do an errand that I had been putting off until after the holiday rush was over. I was the only one at the counter. The streets were so quiet, it looked like the ‘80s again. Even Costco seemed relatively empty that day. As much as I enjoy Christmas, I love even more the quiet that comes during the few days following it when everyone seems to be hunkering down before the New Year hubbub begins.

Here’s a sketch from that morning – a quiet street in Wedgwood (at least for the moment – the imminent trash pickup would liven things up).

4 comments:

  1. Love the green trash can! I, too, love the quiet days after the Holidays, hope your’s is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all the craziness the quiet is so refreshing...or was until the New Year's Eve momentum started. Happy New Year! I hope 2019 brings you joy, peace, friendships, family and inspiration....and a little travel too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! Much happiness and fun to you in 2019, too! I'll look forward to seeing all the sketches to come!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...