Thursday, October 22, 2015

This Time, Color

10/22/15 inks, Zig marker
Eighth Northwest between Crown Hill and Ballard is the same street where I spotted and sketched my first urban couch just about a month ago. That time, I had gone there looking for some fall color but didn’t see much.

Today the trees didn’t disappoint. Most still have quite a bit of green, but they are certainly turning. Of course, this time of year, another sight is also certain: campaign signs.

By the way, what do you think of this photograph of my sketch taken onsite instead of my usual scanned images? Since I’ve been participating in Inktober, I’ve been shooting my daily ink sketches onsite so that I can upload them to social media easily and immediately. The images aren’t as clear as scans, but sometimes I like showing my subject in the background. Do you like this? Or would you prefer a scan?

4 comments:

  1. I personally like seeing a bit of the area too. Love those fall colors and the campaign signs are a fun addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'll post more of these "trophy shots" in the future! :-)

      - Tina

      Delete
  2. I like the on site captures, too. Gives a sense of participation to the viewer. I think it adds to the immediacy of live sketching.

    I see your boatload of pens. 😄

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...