Friday, November 14, 2014

6 Arms, Sore Neck

11/14/14 various inks, watercolor, Canson XL paper
It had been more than a year since the Friday ad hoc sketchers met at 6 Arms pub on Capitol Hill. With good food, big windows and lots of intriguing d├ęcor, it was an ideal location to sketch as well as to celebrate my birthday (a little early)!

Last year I started off with a sketch of the pub’s six-armed mascot on the wall. Although the place is filled with many interesting objects to sketch, she was still the most compelling to me. Seated at a sunny corner booth, I had a great view of her – straight up. My neck got sore, so I had to take frequent breaks, including a long one to enjoy a yummy veggie burger.

After lunch I remembered that I still needed one more sketch for the last day of the 5-Day Black & White Challenge, so I pulled out my twig and India ink to sketch the bar. Then I got to chatting and started adding color, forgetting that I had intended to leave it monochrome!

Thanks to the Friday sketchers who joined me for my birthday celebration!

11/14/14 India ink, twig, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencil
Standing from left: Linda, Tina, Darsie, Warren, Cate. Seated: Peggy and Kate
Natalie (who had to leave before the group photo) and Tina

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an interesting place to sketch. Sorry you had a sore neck at the end...but probably worth doing from the looks of it. Glad you had a good birthday celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...