Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sunny Pike Place Market

9/27/14 Platinum Carbon, Diamine Grey and Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku-rin inks, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Zig markers, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

As much as I love to shop and sketch at farmers markets, I don’t spend much time doing either at Seattle’s most famous one – the Pike Place Market. When I go there, I’m usually playing tour guide to out-of-town guests; if I have time to sketch there, I tend to focus on buskers.

The first time I dared to sketch the iconic, overly-photographed Public Market Center sign was more than a year ago when I was there as part of Gail Wong and Frank Ching’s “Line to Color” workshop. Sketching well-known sights is intimidating; standing on a busy street corner to get that view makes it all the more difficult. But that bright blue sky behind the clock was too much of an invitation to ignore.

Best wishes to Ben Luk, urban sketcher from Hong Kong, now on his way to his next sketching destination!

Gail, Ben, Tina and Don at Pike Place Market

1 comment:

  1. You get to hang out with the coolest people, Tina. Wish I could move to Seattle.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...