Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Double-Theme Redux

9/24/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Canson XL
Last fall and winter I did a series of sketches of trees that had been mutilated to accommodate power lines. And every fall and spring I sketch plenty of “portraits” of trees wearing their seasonal colors. This afternoon as I drove home from an appointment in Ballard, I spotted a maple that qualified for both themes. Still more green than red, this tree wasn’t too badly hacked up for the power lines running down Northwest 85th

The last time I hit two themes in one sketch was last spring with a couple of blossoming cherries.

Edited after posting: I just realized that Ive also hit two sketching nemeses in one! (I dont play slot machines, but this must be like getting two cherries and two lemons, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...