Thursday, April 18, 2013

Real-Life Drawing


4/18/13 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi ink
With work to do this morning, I didn’t make it to Gage for a life drawing session on this rainy day as I’d hoped. Instead, I finished up by noon and went over to Zoka Coffee for a real-life drawing session. As useful as drawing from a model is for learning human proportions and gestures, the range of shapes, sizes and demographics is delightfully wider at Zoka. I especially had fun sketching the little girl who was still wearing her gi from the karate class she had just come from. They left before I could sketch her mom, whose nose had the same shape.

(Technical note: I am just going to have to spring for a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi ink. . . I'm liking it more and more.)


4/18/13 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi ink
4/18/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink
4/18/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink, Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook

1 comment:

  1. The coffee shop is always good to find interesting characters. I love the little girl...I think only little kids can sit that way. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...