Sunday, March 6, 2022

“Brynn” Sketch Kit Organizer

 

3/1/22 My "Brynn" sketch tool organizer

When I was sketching my new Peg & Awl Sendak Mini Artist Roll last month, it occurred to me that I had never sketched another handmade sketch tool organizer that I have been using since 2018. Although it was based on a concept I had provided, the organizer was custom-made for me by Brynn James, who improved on the design with her sewing expertise. And it’s made from a lovely, colorful fabric that she designed! This organizer was an essential supplement to the Tran Portfolio Pencil Case and serves the same role now to my mini Sendak by holding secondary materials that I don’t use often but at times are still essential. I adore handmade things, especially when they are both useful and beautiful.

At the time, Brynn had an Etsy shop of adorable children’s clothing and other textiles, but she has taken a break from that to raise her five young kids (including No. 3, who was still a large bump while she was making this for me).

Our recent days of record-breaking rain were good for blog housekeeping, so I updated my Favorite Art Materials page. It was an opportunity to photograph the current contents of what I call my “Brynn” sketch kit organizer and finally sketch it, too.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...