Saturday, August 7, 2021

Sketchwaiting

6/24/21 Green Lake neighborhood

I’ve found myself doing more sketchwaiting than usual lately (maybe simply because I’m doing more lately). Since my intention is always to arrive a bit early for classes, several of these were done while waiting for classmates to arrive at the various parks where Kristin Frost’s class met last month. Most of those were unfinished at the point that I stopped, which I like: Leaving a sketch incomplete tells part of the story.

Other times, I filled moments while the spouse guy was in the men’s room, while waiting for meals to arrive, or while standing in line for fresh tomatoes at the farmers’ market. I really don’t remember how I used to fill idle moments like these before I started sketching, but I’m certain it wasn’t as much fun.



6/16/21 Cafe Arta patron

6/25/21 downtown Seattle from Maple Leaf Park

7/9/21 Volunteer Park

7/16/21 Kubota Garden

7/23/21 Green Lake neighborhood


8/2/21 McMenamins Anderson School

6/26/21 tomato line

7/28/21 McMenamins Anderson School

3 comments:

  1. You've caught such a variety of subjects while you are waiting. What is that donut shaped object?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sculpture: "Black Sun by Isamu Noguchi". There is lots of art in Volunteer Park, including the Asian Art Museum.

      Delete
  2. Lots of good sketching. It's quite good how much we can get done while waiting. I used to read from my Kindle app on my phone while waiting. So now more sketches and fewer books finished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...