Monday, December 5, 2016

Drawing Jam – Bigger and Better! Part 2: Urban Sketches

12/3/16 ink, colored pencils (Tangletown String Band)

Unlike last year, I spent more time this year drawing costumed models at Drawing Jam than anything else, and I think it was because the models were in a much more comfortable, large space instead of a small, hot studio. It was also a wonderful treat that Gage put more performers into the same large auditorium. I noticed that while some participants saw the entertainment as an opportunity to rest, the urban sketchers in the room rejoiced that there were unposed people to draw along with the posing ones!
12/3/16 brush pen, colored pencils

Here are my sketches of some hula dancers, belly dancers and the Tangletown String Band. The last sketch of St. Mark’s Cathedral next door to Gage was one I made while waiting in line for the jam to open. The temperature was in the low 40s on that drizzly morning, and sketching distracted me from the chill.

12/3/16 brush pen

12/3/16 brush pen, colored pencil (back side of St. Mark's Cathedral)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you even used your time on line well. I love the lines on your belly dancers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...