Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Book Signing and Drink & Draw

12/3/16 brush pen (Gabi and Stephanie)
Stephanie Bower and Gabi Campanario gave a book signing and presentation last Saturday at Daniel Smith in celebration of Stephanie’s new book in Gabi’s Urban Sketching Handbook Series:  Understanding Perspective: Easy Techniques for Mastering Perspective Drawing on Location. It was fun as well as illuminating to hear them talk about their urban sketching processes. I feel very fortunate and proud to have so many talented urban sketcher authors right here in my own home town!

The signing party was followed by a drink & draw at nearby Schooner Exact Brewing Company. We were seated at two long tables, so I couldn’t sketch everyone around the table, but people switched seats often enough that I had plenty of victims right across from me.

Kate was wearing a button that said “Never apologize for your art,” so I won’t say I’m sorry about the unflattering sketches here! 😉 I’ll just say “Turnabout is fair play” – you can get back at me at the next drink & draw!

12/3/16 brush pen, colored pencil


Photo by Kate Buike

2 comments:

  1. A book signing and sketching too...sounds like a great day. You did a good job on the people across from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! I don't think their mothers would recognize them from these sketches, though. ;-)

      - Tina

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...