Monday, February 1, 2016

Shaunna

2/1/16 Sailor Nagomi brush pen, ink (1-min. pose)
Shaunna was our model today, and her poses were particularly expressive and beautiful – like a dancer or an actor. One pose actually had us all chuckling! Life drawing is always challenging and fun, but it takes a special model to inspire me to try to render not only her body but also her expression.

I sometimes get bored toward the end of a 20-minute pose because I know if I keep working on it, it’ll get worse, but it’s hard to stop. To entertain myself during the last 20-minute pose, I used a rainbow pencil. It slowed me down enough that I used the full 20 minutes, and I sure had fun.

2/1/16 Nagomi brush pen (10-min. pose)

2/1/16 Nagomi brush pen (5-min. pose)
2/1/16 Nagomi brush pen (10-min. pose)

2/1/16 Nagomi brush pen (2-min. pose)
2/1/16 Nagomi brush pen (2-min. pose)

2/1/16 Zebra brush pen (1-min. pose)
2/1/16 Zebra brush pen (1-min. pose)

2/1/16 rainbow pencil (20-min. pose)

2 comments:

  1. Good work, Tina. I especially like the one with your rainbow pencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele -- that rainbow pencil is the easiest way to get a quick color fix!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...