Thursday, February 18, 2016

Body Language at Starbucks

2/18/16 ink, colored pencil

I couldn’t hear a word they were saying, but I didn’t have to.

With his back to me, the man on the left was clearly in charge of the meeting. At first I thought the long-haired younger man was being interviewed for a job, but after a while, I decided he was more like a contractor who’d already gotten the assignment, and now the manager was explaining the project to him. The manager was doing most of the talking as they both looked at a document he had brought, gesticulating now and then to emphasize a point. The contractor mostly listened and nodded occasionally.
2/18/16 ink

At least 10 minutes late for the meeting, a third guy showed up (if I’d known he was going to join this meeting, I would have left space for him in the first composition). It was obvious to me that he was there for political reasons – probably representing another team – because he wasn’t at all interested in what the other two guys were saying. Occasionally he’d sneak peaks at his phone or gaze out the window, his mind a hundred miles away. He had the best haircut of the three, though.

2/18/16 Sakura Koi marker, brush pens, colored pencils

2 comments:

  1. Great story to go with the sketches. I love how you did the hair on the third guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow did you paint those? really amazing with the short story.
    coffee club

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...