Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tiny Hints

8/12/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown and Grey, Private Reserve Avacado, DeAtramentis Moss Green and Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi inks, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

The off and on rain we’d been having today looked like it was finally off for a while. After working most of the day and then spending too much time loading music onto my smartphone and managing other first-world problems, I took a short walk to Maple Leaf Park. The two maples, the poplar, the iconic water tower, the playground – I’ve sketched them all before, but they all seemed fresh and lively compared to anything I do on the computer.

I hate to say it – dare I say it? – but I’ve been seeing tiny hints of orange and yellow in the topmost leaves of the maples and aspens.

Back to my first-world problems.

1 comment:

  1. No...please...not yet!!! Glad you are working on some first-word problems but still had time to do this super sketch. Looks like the trees are providing lots of shade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...