![]() |
| 9/6/26 Edmonds Classic Car & Motorcycle Show |
Just like the Greenwood Car Show signals the beginning
of the summer festival season, the Edmonds Classic Car and Motorcycle Show
signals the end. Coinciding with Labor Day weekend this year, the show seemed
more crowded than ever, and that’s no surprise: The weather was surprisingly
fantastic! Not surprising in that it wasn’t predicted, but it’s just that Labor
Day weekend can sometimes be cool and drizzly. What a treat as the crowd
meandered slowly to admire all the cars in downtown Edmonds.
As I do in Greenwood (a much larger show), I first walked the entire show snapping photos of my favorites and thinking about which I might sketch. Since all the cars are parked facing the middle of the street where all the show viewers are walking, I couldn’t find a good spot to sketch any from the front. I decided to walk on the sidewalks and sketch cars from the rear!
As has become my personal tradition (doing anything for two consecutive years is a tradition, right?), I finished off my visit with a stop at Molly Moon’s Ice Cream, which has concrete barriers that make convenient seating while facing the street. Enjoying my scoop of Summer Plum as I made my last sketches, I said good-bye to summer in the best possible way.
![]() |
| Sketching outside Molly Moon's during the Edmonds Car Show |
![]() |
| I admire this pink T-bird convertible every year! |







No comments:
Post a Comment