![]() |
| 8/5/26 Third Place Commons, Lake Forest Park |
When I realized that I had a conflict on the day of the
Ballard P-Patch’s annual Art in the Garden festival, I was so
disappointed. Of course, I love sketching the flowers, live musicians and
people enjoying this community summer event, but we all know the real reason I go:
for the bake sale table! Specifically, the peach pie, and most especially when
it has been baked by Mary Jean!
On Wednesday afternoon when it was too smoky to sketch outdoors, we met at Third Place Commons to devour peach pie together. With the carton of vanilla ice cream that Roy had picked up from Always Summer (where we’ve sketched before), we had ala mode.
Good friends, freshly baked (that morning!) peach pie ala mode, followed by sketching: Even on a smoke-filled day, it gets no better.


For a self-proclaimed extreme introvert, you surely have surrounded yourself with clouds of really stellar friends!😁 Funny how that happens. Loyal friends have always felt like the gold doubloons in my treasure chest. On gloomy days, I go into my mental attic and open the chest just to warm my heart in their golden glow. Anne HwH
ReplyDeleteOh, absolutely same here! I don't need a lot of friends when the ones I have are gems. <3
Delete