Saturday, June 2, 2018

Near Miss

6/1/18 Top Pot Doughnuts, Wedgwood neighborhood

HOLEY cow, I almost missed it! Yesterday was National Donut Day, but I had it marked on my calendar on the wrong day! If it hadn’t been for a chance comment by Michele Cooper, tragedy would have resulted. Fortunately, I had enough time to dash out to the Wedgwood Top Pot Doughnuts to grab a chocolate-frosted raised. By that, I mean I had enough time to sketch Top Pot’s giant doughnut flanked by a pair of palm trees, which I’ve sketched many times from different angles. Who could possibly resist putting a doughnut and palm trees in the same composition?

As for that chocolate-frosted raised? I learned last year that sketching and eating sticky donuts don’t mix, so I didnt bother to sketch it. After all, National Donut Day comes only once a year.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Here's a tip: First, sketch. Then, eat donut. And yet I already know what you're going to say, "It takes too long to sketch and I'm hungry now."

    And still, you beat me to the donut shop and blogged at your usual bullet speed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...