Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Dilemma

4/26/18 Maple Leaf neighborhood

I was headed for the road work project on Roosevelt where I sketched the big hole in progress the other day. Just off Roosevelt, though, was a new dirt-hauling crawler that I hadn’t sketched previously – and just in front of it was a motorcycle! Either could move at any moment; I wanted to sketch both. Crawler or cycle; crawler or cycle? I hedged my bets by putting them together in the same composition.

Working as fast as I could, I put down all the important lines on both, but I hadn’t finished the shading on the motorcycle. Sure enough, its owner (one of the road workers) came by, hopped on and rode away.

1 comment:

  1. Lol I would have bet the motorcycle would be gone first. I like seeing both in one sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...