Friday, March 24, 2017

Sun Break

3/23/17 colored pencils, ink

I find myself sketching some scenes or locations many times. Often it’s just conveniently located along a regular route, or it might be a certain tree that I like to catch seasonally.


Sometimes, though, an ordinary place calls to me. It’s not particularly beautiful, but it’s where I go when the weather changes unexpectedly for the better. I’ve sketched this spot at Green Lake at least twice before – a little more than a year ago when we had an unseasonably warm streak, and three years ago when summer was unpredictable. It wasn’t exactly warm yesterday, but after so many weeks of record-breaking rain, people streamed by in quiet celebration of not having to wear soggy hats and hoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...