Monday, December 2, 2013

My Vehicular Studio

12/2/13 Diamine Eclipse and Diamine Grey inks, Zig markers, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
12/2/13 Platinum Carbon and Diamine Grey inks,
watercolor, Zig markers
In-car sketching season is in full swing. The last time I sketched in the full outdoors was at Green Lake a couple of weeks ago when it was 39 degrees. A few days later I sketched a camel and reindeer at Swanson’s, which was sheltered but the same as being outdoors, as far as my fingers were concerned. Since then, if I’ve ventured out, I’ve stayed in the warmth of my car, where I can sketch for a good 30 or 40 minutes before getting too cold. But this week the temperature is predicted to drop all the way down to the high 20s with the possibility of snow – and more still lifes.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you included the top of the steering wheel and the dashboard so we can get the idea of your real view. Nice!!! I never realized it gets so cold there. I knew you get a lot of rain, but I was unaware that your temps are even colder than here right now. Do you lean your sketchpad against the steering wheel, have it in your lap, or hold it? I usually push my front seat as far back as it will go and put my painting board or sketchbook on my lap. Then I balance the palettes depending on how large I am working. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! Yeah, it can get pretty cold here, too, although it usually doesn't last long. I do exactly what you do -- push my seat all the way back, and my sketchbook fits nicely on my lap. Then the passenger seat becomes my taboret!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...