Saturday, May 25, 2013

King Street Station


5/24/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook
Seattle’s King Street Station, after years of dreary shabbiness, was recently renovated inside to restore its grand turn-of- the-20th-century style. I got together with a few sketchers yesterday to check it out. Overwhelmed by all that symmetry, perspective and white marble from the lobby floor, I went upstairs to the second floor level that seems to have no other purpose than to show off more of its beautiful detailing. Looking down over the lobby where train passengers queued up for their ride, I chose one of the many chandeliers as a focal point.

2 comments:

  1. I always like sketches done from above like a "bird's eye view." Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this perspective and the focal point of the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...