Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another Day, Another Market

7/8/12, Copic Multiliner SP pen, watercolor
Maybe buskers will become my favorite farmer’s market sketching subjects. Market visitors stroll past me too quickly to capture, and even busy vendors tend to move around too much in their stalls. But buskers stay in one spot, and I get musical entertainment while I sketch: Does a sunny summer Sunday get any better? I caught this guitarist/vocalist at the Ballard Market, where I also spotted the same ukulele player that I sketched Friday at the Phinney Market. He gets around, just as I do.

(Compare this sketch with one I did two months ago, also at the Ballard Market, when I struggled with trying to evoke the crowd without drawing each individual I saw. Did I manage to indicate the crowd back there behind the busker this time?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...