Tuesday, June 12, 2012

If You Don’t Like the Weather, Just Wait. . .

Heading toward the zoo on a sunny Friday afternoon, the top down on my Miata, I suddenly remembered that it was June, and that meant the Phinney Farmer’s Market was now open. Making a quick change of plans, I wandered through this friendly neighborhood market to sniff the pizza and flowers and scope out a location where I could sketch. Directly across from a flower vendor, I found the ledge of a raised planting bed that was ideal for sketching. I was having so much fun that I hardly noticed how dark the sky was growing until the shadows I was planning to paint disappeared. A woman sitting next to me on the ledge smiled at my sketch and said, “You’d better hurry and finish painting before it rains,” pointing to the dark clouds. I made a few quick purchases, still holding my sketchbook open to dry, and got the top up on my car just before the drops started to fall.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand your change of plans. I love sketching at local farmer's markets. There is always something going on. Nice job on this. Glad it didn't get wet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...