Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Napping Flamingoes

4/10/12, F-C Pitt Artist Pen, Sakura Koi watercolors
Yesterday I found myself with an unexpected gift of time on a fine sunny (warm, even) afternoon, so I grabbed my sketch vest and popped over to the zoo. Before I started sketching, my favorite zoo animals used to be the more active mammals (such as orangutans and meerkats). But now that I visit with the express purpose of sketching, I seek out the slow, lethargic creatures, as well as the more colorful ones.

On previous morning visits, the flamingoes (as well as other animals) were relatively busy, but the zoo in the afternoon has a completely different rhythm. It was siesta time for a number of critters, including the flamingoes, who were all dozing or preening languorously in the sunshine. The cranes, too, moved slowly enough for my pen to keep up with.
4/10/12, Copic Multiliner SP pen, Tombow markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...