![]() |
| 8/14/26 Phinney Station, Phinney neighborhood |
I feel like I say this every time, but USk Seattle showed a
record-breaking turnout for last week’s drink & draw on a gorgeous
afternoon! The venue, Phinney Station, was new to us, but I knew from sketching
the final World Cup match there that it looked ideal – and it was! We
filled up quite a few of their plentiful umbrella’d tables in a huge area. Two
food trucks offered different foods, and bringing in outside food was also
welcome. Of course, I’m always pleased by dog-friendly venues.
As usual, some folks new to Urban Sketchers joined us for the first time. Several others had come to previous drink & draws but had not yet joined us for regular sketch outings yet. One mentioned that while a general outing still feels intimidating, a casual sit-and-chat over brews feels more comfy and familiar. I’m happy that we have gatherings that are approachable at whatever level people feel ready to participate.


The drink and draw meetups you have always look like such fun!
ReplyDelete