Pages

▼

Welcome!

▼

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Leaf-Peeping Season is On!

 

9/21/26 Sugar maples, Crown Hill neighborhood

After Mary Jean and I sketched the enormous chestnut tree in Fremont, we went west to the Crown Hill neighborhood, where she knew that the sugar maples on North 80th Street were near peak. A noisy arterial, 80th is not a pleasant place to sketch, but it’s worth it to see these fiery beauties. They’re the same maples that Kim and I had sketched last year, though that was several weeks later and nearly past their peak.

As we shared sketches with each other, we officially declared it: Leaf-peeping season is on!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sketch of the trees Tina! I love your use of colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So like the way you put the big tree in the foreground so we had to "peep" around it to see the real show in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the softness of the materials you used in this sketch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete