![]() |
| 7/27/26 Thornton Creek, Northgate |
I seem to have taken it on as a personal summer mission to introduce my sketching friends to Thornton Creek! It’s such a serene yet fully accessible gem in the middle of otherwise bustling Northgate. This time I met Mary Jean and Roy there on a sunny but breezy morning.
As much as I was cowed by all the foliage at Kruckeberg Garden last week, Thornton Creek is somehow friendlier to me. There’s plenty of multi-layered textures and subtle color differences to be endlessly challenging, yet there are also enough solid shapes to help guide the compositions. It also has a lot more light. This time I looked straight down into the winding creek at the center of the park (above).
With the few minutes before our meetup, I sketched a favorite Japanese maple tree (at left) that I’ve captured at least once before.


It is nice to have locations that we can return to over and over and still be inspired. Nicely done.
ReplyDelete